When we think of coconut, it’s safe to assume that most of us don’t go straight to the idea of rubbing its oils it all over our face and body. Natural beauty enthusiasts and even traditional dermatologists are beginning to preach the plant's potential benefits. In saying all of this, buying natural products can get pricey, so we’re here to show you how you can DIY your very own coconut based products!
Coco Vanilla Lip Scrub
- Two tsp Honey (or agave nectar as a vegan option)
- Two tsp Pure Coconut Oil
- One tbsp Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract to taste (Yum!)
- Mix honey (or agave nectar) and coconut oil into a small bowl
- Follow with the brown sugar and slowly combine
- Add the vanilla extract in small amounts at a time until you have your desired smell/taste.
- If you prefer a rougher or thicker texture, slowly add in more brown sugar until you have your desired consistency.
- Finally, scoop the mixture into a small container and ensure it is sealed well.
Coconut Rose Body Scrub
- One tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Finely Ground Pink Himalayan Salt or Sea Salt
- 3-4 Drops Rose Organic Essential Oil
- The only step is to whisk together all three of the ingredients with a fork, and you’re ready to go!
- This product is perfect for every part of your body and will leave you feeling luxurious.
- To store, put the leftovers in an airtight container and keep at room temperature.
Coco Coffee Face MaskCoffee and coconut oil are both super high in antioxidants that help to protect your skin. Also, both products help boost collagen production that will make your skin glow!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp coffee powder (Not coffee grounds)
- Mix both ingredients into a consistent paste.
- Apply the mixture gently to your face (with clean hands).
- Gently massage into your skin for around 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.