- 500 g of frozen berries
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1 ¼ cup of non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- To make the berry sauce, combine the berries, sugar and vanilla extract in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it becomes syrupy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add the coconut oil, non-dairy milk and vanilla extract. Whisk the batter to remove any lumps.
- Preheat the waffle machine. Once heated, pour in the batter and cook for approximately 5-7 minutes until the waffles are crispy.
- To serve, place the waffles on the serving dish. Top with a scoop of your favourite Cocofrio ice cream and drizzle the berry mixture over.
- Enjoy the delicious vegan waffles!