- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 2 cups of coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan buttermilk (1 tbsp lemon juice + 1 cup soy milk)
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cocofrio ice cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and spray a 9x9 inch square baking dish with non-stick spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Prepare the vegan buttermilk by adding 1 tbsp lemon juice into a measuring jug and then adding soy milk up to the 1 cup line. Allow to sit for a minute to curdle.
- Add the vegan buttermilk, vegetable oil and vanilla to the mixing bowl and mix in the well.
- Pour the batter out into your prepared baking dish and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clear.
- Serve with your favourite flavour of Cocofrio. Enjoy!